Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Day One in the Jing


Alleyway
Originally uploaded by arewethereyet
My first day back in Beijing was blessed with beautiful blue skies. I posted some pictures on Flickr, although there seem to be some censorship problems with the site for me so I'm not sure if I'll keep using it. But then again my blog is also still censored.

I was very productive on my first day. I got a new phone number and a bank account. Liu Shaochun (the special effects props guy) called me and said that Ken was talking about coming back for some production in February or March. Xu Ke (my old roommate) invited me to spend the spring festival at his family's in Hunan. By freak chance, I ran into the behind-the-scenes cameraman from the Kite Runner on one of the new subway trains (what are the odds?), and he gave me his card and said he'd be in touch. I met up with a bunch of other translator friends for dinner. It's been a long time since I ate in a smoke-filled restaurant. Quite a different feeling.

I ate a beautiful breakfast in one of these alleyway hole-in-walls, of steaming baozi, soy milk, and hot salted radish. I wanted to take a picture but couldn't quite bring myself to take out my camera.

Today I'm having lunch with Andy, who I think will be able to get me some day jobs with his production company. I feel pretty good, I think things are going well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mirella said...

Keep up the good work.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home